1. On Monday, we reported information that Saskatchewan would be hosting an open tryout at Rice University in Houston on Wednesday, an unusual scheduling choice but, seemingly, an accurate one. Today, we found out that no such workout is scheduled, according to an official at Rice. It would seem to cast suspicion on the two other tryouts allegedly scheduled by the Rough Riders on this website.
2. Illinois OB Nate Bussey, who is eligible for this weekend’s draft, has recently made a change in representation. The former Illini ‘backer, formerly represented by Domann & Pittman (which has offices in Dallas and Colorado Springs), is now a client of Pro Sports Planning, which has offices in Houston and just outside Chicago.
3. Meanwhile, another participant in the NFL/Elite Pro combine held in Ford Field in mid-April, Concordia IB Trevor Glomski, is represented by St. Paul, Minn.-based Hitchcock Law Firm, while a third, Eastern Illinois OH Mon Williams, is repped by Lake Wales, Fla.-based Victory Sports Agency.
4. With Florida DC Janoris Jenkins now off the team, it’s doubtful he has anything left to prove in college football (except, maybe, that he can put down the bong). Presuming there’s a supplemental draft this summer, it would surprise no one if he pursues a place in the draft as a client of Washington, D.C.-based Dimensional Sports.
5. One of the best-kept secrets in football is the Angelo Football Clinic held annually on the campus of Angelo State University in San Angelo, Texas. It’s annually held the week before Father’s Day and always features a selection of the best pro and college coaches in the country, assistants and head coaches, alike. It’s run by a handful of former ex-college coaches and former scouts, along with Wade Phillips. While it’s not nearly the same event as the Senior Bowl, it has the same feel and atmosphere, and is a great place to build contacts and get to know coaches in a relaxed atmosphere. Check out the lineup here.